LCA Environmental, Inc. provides professional consulting services for LEED certification.
Since its inception in 1998, Leadership in Engineering and Environmental Design (LEED) has grown to encompass over 14,000 projects in 50 US States and 30 countries covering 1.062 billion square feet (99 km²) of development area.
Advantages of LEED-certified buildings include:
- Lower operating costs and increased asset value
- Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances and other incentives
- Demonstrate owners’ commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility
- Healthier and safer for occupants
- Promote integrated, whole-building design practices
- Reduce waste sent to landfills
- Conserve energy and water
LEED-certified buildings use resources more efficiently as compared to most conventional buildings. LEED certification ensures healthier indoor environments, contributes to higher productivity and improves employee/occupant comfort. The environmental, economic and occupancy benefits are realized owners, designers and society as a whole.
Typical existing buildings types undergoing remodeling and renovation that may be eligible for certification under various LEED rating systems include offices, retail, service establishments, institutional buildings (e.g., libraries, schools, museums and religious institutions), hotels and residential buildings of four or more habitable stories.
LCA provides services for the following aspects of LEED planning and design to renovate existing structures:
- Asbestos Inspections
- Asbestos Removal or Encapsulation
- Asbestos Management Plans
- History-Based Component of Asbestos Surveys
- Indoor Chemical and Pollutant Source Investigations
- Contemporary Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Practices
- Optimization in Use of Alternative Materials
- Optimization in Use of IAQ Compliant Products
- Selection of Sustainable Cleaning Methods
- Sustainable Building Operation and Maintenance
- Stormwater Management
- Sustainable Project Citing for New and Existing Structures in Brownfield Areas