Professional Asbestos Consulting Services
LCA Environmental, Inc. has provided professional asbestos consulting services for over 20 years and is licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) as an Asbestos Consultant Agency and Asbestos Laboratory.
Many people believe that asbestos is only in “old” buildings. Unfortunately, that is not necessarily true. Because so much building material is imported, local construction is increasingly tied to global businesses, and asbestos-containing products in the international marketplace are not uncommon, Federal law requires asbestos inspections prior to demolition and/or renovation of most structures and buildings. Many states, including Texas, have also implemented state laws that may require an asbestos inspection prior to the issuance of a building permit for demolition or renovation.
Did you know:
- In the U.S., EPA banned most asbestos-containing products by rule in 1989. However, that was overturned in 1991 by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Of 193 United Nations member countries, just over 40 have banned asbestos in a meaningful way.
- Asbestos is a collective name for several related naturally-occurring minerals. Asbestos is mined from the ground, not manufactured by some chemical process.
- The last asbestos mine in the U.S. only closed in 2002. It produced asbestos primarily for roofing products.
- Since 2000, world asbestos production has been level at over 2,000,000 metric tons per year.